The View from the Porch Swing

Sit a spell, kick your shoes off...we'll chat about life and love and God and all the things that matter most.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Russian Hostage Crisis

I was about to post a brief rant about something I just watched on Dr. Phil. Then ABC News broke interrupted regular broadcasting to show the latest images from the school in Russia where students, teachers and parents have been held hostage for days.

So far there are over 100 known dead and 344 have been hospitalized. Those numbers may climb significantly. Apparently the government says there were 500 hostages in the building. The hostages coming out are saying it is more like 1500. The images are horrifying and reporters say they can still hear explosions every so often.

Another concern is that some of the militants are apparently putting themselves among the hostages and authorities are having trouble finding them.

My heart and prayers go out to the families affected, to the rescue workers, police and to the town. I can't even imagine how devastating it would be to have that happen in a school in my own community. May God be with them all.

3 Comments:

At September 3, 2004 at 12:08 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I missed that on the news. I feel so sick about it. It makes me crazy that they use children. I will join you in your prayers for the community.
ps. what was on Dr Phil that you were going to rant about?

 
At September 3, 2004 at 10:42 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

:::Stacy::: I am just heartsick over those little ones. God bless them.

 
At September 4, 2004 at 6:15 PM, Blogger Amy said...

hi Stacy, I saw this on the news, I know how the poor parents must be feeling over this. I'll be praying for them all too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home